Sometimes my life spins more quickly than I can follow. Here are some snapshots from the past two weeks.
- We spent a precious weekend with our second son on his home visit. He said that when I took him back to camp, he wanted to show me Eagle’s Point, so we packed a lunch and left early and got to eat on a lookout. He found the trail for me, and he ate a black ant just to pick on me. (He declares they taste like lemons and crunch like potato chips.) We laughed really hard. I love that boy.
- We took a day trip to Kennywood. Our fostering agency gives our whole family free tickets, bless them. We splash, we play, we get dizzy, we eat a packed lunch.
- I baked a pie, a crisp, a cobbler, and six cakes.
- I cut my finger quite nicely on a butcher knife I was scrubbing, when my hand slipped. Two stitches needed, and a splint for a week, as the injury chose the joint of my index finger. My mother always warned me about this. I guess I listened until I turned 36.
- I listened to a ton of music, read some great books. Yes, I will talk about them when life stops spinning so fast.
- We took a five day camping trip to Michigan. (More on that soon!)
- I tended my little garden: harvested garlic, picked the first of the tomatoes and cucumbers and the last of the lettuce, ate raspberries, tried to discourage the summer squash, froze green beans.
- I ran everybody to their appointments, filled prescriptions, met with school staff, bathed the dog, attended a picnic and one night of VBS, gave three haircuts, baked a pizza, picked up library books, invited my parents over for games.
- We gathered the last of the blueberries – this year’s count is 22.5 gallons, with more we missed during our trip.
- I drove our foster son to Pittsburgh for extensive dental work.
- I laughed and cried a lot.
- I shared a date with my oldest son. We’ve decided that during our two-hour foster visits once a week, he and his sister will take turns getting one-on-one time with me. He chose a coffee shop and two-handed Rook. I love this boy too. Having a teenager is a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Usually.
K. That should get us up to speed.
Wait – I wanted to slow down.
More words soon, if I’m lucky.
What are a few highlights from your last two weeks?