Confession: I’m tired. And lazy.
These days I would cheerfully sell all I have and give to the poor, whether or not I gained treasure in heaven. All I ask of life is lots of sleep and a leisurely cup of coffee when I awake.
But what a lovely week I had! Highlights:
- Seeing Jean healthier and happier than I ever imagined.
- Just hanging out with my beautiful sister and daughter—talking, laughing, trying on hats, working, playing, getting comfy with Jean’s home turf.
- Enjoying lunch together at Potbelly, half old country and half hip bistro, with a live guitarist, warm melting-cheese-and-mushroom sandwiches, and the best chocolate milkshake I’ve ever had in my life.
- Shopping—with beautiful finds, and Kelly trying on schmantzy shoes
- Six hours of driving time, twice. Two things that made it sweet:
- Borrowed books and toys, new to Kelly. She could not have done better!
- Audio books and headphones while she slept. I listened to The Hobbit, half on the way down and half coming back up.
- Coming home…!